Our turkeys are flying out the door! Give us a call at (828)212-4993 to order today before they are all gone!
Place Your Order Today!
We are so excited about this opportunity to raise your Holiday Turkey! It is a unique time to be a part of the growing movement to reconnect with our food and live by “we are what we eat.” We want our turkeys to be the happiest, healthiest bird on the block. We are committed to the highest standards of care providing a certified heritage turkey breed that has never been treated with hormones or antibiotics, gets exercise and is feed all organic, non-GMO feed. Supporting your local farmer, learning about Heritage breeds & cooking techniques is an amazing shared experience between friends & family!!! We provide recipes and cooking instructions along with other garden goodies to accompany your holiday meal.
Cost to raise your Turkey on Franny’s Farm: Requires a $50 non-refundable deposit. Orders and Deposits can be taken at any time until we sell out. The cost is estimated at $9 per pound and weights range from 9-18 lbs. The balance according to weight, less the deposit, is due when you pick up your fully dressed, oven-ready turkey at the farm the two weeks before Thanksgiving. You can order your bird and freeze it for the Christmas holiday too.
You must Pre-order with a deposit. We gladly accept credit cards (plus 3% processing fee), checks, paypal or cash. Call us today(828) 212-4993 or email at email@example.com You can also fill out our form Order Here
Check us out in Mountain Xpress !
Thank you for voting Franny’s Farm one of the “Favorite Farms to Visit” in Western North Carolina.
We appreciate your support! Stay tuned for all the fall fun happenings! Get on out here & get down for BARNAROO on Sept 30-Oct 2.
With Gratitude! ~Franny, Jeff, Zach, Karissa & all the furry & feathered friends on the farm!
1. Photobooth – Having photos is one of the best parts of remembering your wedding so why not set up a chic photobooth for your guests to have fun with. Everyone will remember those moments for years to come.
2. Decorations – Check out Pinterest for all the creative and affordable ways to get the look you want. Event rental companies provide rustic, shabby-chic supplies to enhance your wedding decor.
3. Bonfire – A bonfire is a beautiful addition to a farm wedding. When the party starts to wind down, what better way to transition into the evening than with a S’mores bar and hanging out by the fire under the stars.
4. Comfort – With an outdoor wedding consider the following to help everyone be comfortable: transportation for handicap and elderly, covers for hay bales and seating and water, refreshments and appetizers while guests are waiting for the ceremony.
5. Bathrooms – Not all Farms have public access bathrooms so be sure to set aside a budget for bathroom rentals, your guests will thank you.
6. Shoes – Heels are best reserved for other settings than a farm. Arrange a basket of flip flops for your guests so they can dance the night away in comfort.
7. Dancing – Kicking up your heels is a great way to celebrate at your farm reception. Arrange music for the ceremony, first dance, cake-cutting and reception to ensure the flow of the event in the right direction. Create a playlist for the DJ or get a live band to play your reception. Picking the right music can make a good party.
8. Wedding Photos – Part of the fun about your big day is taking photos with the wedding party. Make sure to get pictures with anything and everything you can on the farm. From hay bales to barnyard animals, pictures will give you some fun memories and capture those moments forever.
9. Favors – From sweets to soaps, candles to fans, seeds to custom mason jars there are so many creative ideas for favors to thank your guests for coming to celebrate your union.
10. Bug Repellant – Outdoor Weddings are a picturesque and memorable setting to get hitched, but one thing is for certain. There will be bugs. It is always good to offer bug spray to guests or have other repellant methods ready for you big day.
Asheville BARNAROO 2016 at Franny’s Farm September 30-October 2
Benefiting the non-profit Asheville Music School
Leicester, NC, September 30, 2016– Skyland Automotive & Andrew Scotchie present Asheville BARNAROO 2016 at Franny’s Farm in Leicester, NC September 30- October 2. 18 Acres of non-stop music over 3 days. Sunday is free to the public. AVL BARNAROO was started by Andrew Scotchie in 2009. Since then the festival has grown up and continues to evolve musically. Its purpose is to showcase, promote and celebrate local and regional singer songwriters and bands in the rock & roll, Americana and funk genres. Barnaroo’s goal is to give back to the youth music community through the non-profit Asheville Music School. The Festival is an ALL WEEKEND event at Franny’s Farm with optional camping. Sunday is free to the public from 9 am to festival closeout at 2:00. We feature 14+ amazing local and regional performers, headiners YARN now in the top 30 Americana Radio Charts and Folk Soul Revival listed on Billboards “Heat-Seekers” list, plus student bands from AMS. There is local beer from Hi-Wire Brewing, Farm to Fender food truck, dancing, great people and awesome music!
What: Avl BARNAROO festival tickets range from a $20 day pass to $75 for the full weekend that includes camping
When: Friday, September 30- October 2
Where: Franny’s Farm in Leicester NC (just 20 minutes from downtown Asheville)
How: Buy tickets via festival website at www.ashevillebarnaroo.com
Asheville BARNAROO 2016 Lineup & Accolades:
YARN: (Headliner Hailing from Brooklyn NY).
Grammy Nominated, recognitions from Americana Music Association,
*Rolling Stone Magazine featured YARN as “download of the day”.
Top 30 Americana Radio Charts for their new album “This is the Year”
Top 5 on radio, records and AMA album charts
Folk Soul Revival ( Bristol, TN)
*Bands 3rd album “Prompting the Dapperness” hit # 12 on Itunes alternative country chart.
Listed on Billboard Magazines “Heatseekers Chart”.
Shake it Like A Caveman (Nomad. Tours in Europe) One-man band with guitar, drums, harmonica and vocals.
“A sexy trance inducing experience” the North Coast Journal in California
“Electric Neo-Blues and amped-up disco groove!” Philadelphia Examiner
Shivering Timbers (Ohio) – 3 piece rock/soul/roots music
Recent album was produced by the Singer of THE BLACK KEYS!
“This band Rules!” –Shovels and Rope. (this is a REAL quote!)
“Beautiful dissonance in the form of guitar and upright bass…..” PASTE MAGAZINE
“imagine PJ Harvey fronting the bad seeds……” Nashville SCENE
Danielle Howle (Charleston SC) – Singer songwriter/acoustic
SC legend. Recently toured with the Indigo Girls in America! *Has opened for Avett Brothers in NC before.
Local Legendary Bands that all live in the Asheville Area and are touring the region:
Goldie and the Screamers
Andrew Scotchie & the River Rats
Roots of Rebellion