It’s 53 degrees outside!
Wow, this winter has seemed to drag on forever! I don’t know if it was all the snow days, the freezing rain or the “feels like” temperatures. With all this winter weather the farm is getting impatient and anxiously awaiting spring.
The birds chirping, the seeds sprouting, the buds blooming and of course the chicks hatching.
I know I’m ready how about you……..?
Spring Break Session:
Drop off at the farm 8:30 am-4:30 pm
22 Franny’s Farm Rd
Spring Time on the Farm
Children attending Spring Break Camp will take part in all of the hustle and bustle of Spring.
- Gathering, labeling, incubating and hatching Heritage Breed Barred Plymouth Rock Eggs/Chicks
- Transplanting in the garden, sowing seeds and planting vegetables to take home
- Building a bamboo trellis tepee
- Engaging with the new and older animals on the farm
- From scratch cooking,Nature crafts & more!
We have some new members on the farm!
Fury friends are always coming and going on the farm. Above is a picture of some of our newest goats waiting for all the cuddles.
Science shows that cuddling these adorable animals will:
- Release oxytocin (a happy chemical) from the brain
- Lowers anxiety
- Provides comfort
- Reduces loneliness
- Can increase mental stimulation