“To plant things is to have faith in tomorrow.”
Our skills, experience and interests cover a wide range – but we’re all committed to growing the business of Franny’s Farm and sharing it with guests and customers. We have expertise in construction, organic gardening, cooking, processing and preserving harvest, sales and marketing as well as skills in livestock management, poultry management, start ups, budgeting, financial planning, customer service, and, well, you get the picture. We love what we do and we’ve all been doing it for quite some time. The Franny’s Farm adventure is the best of all worlds for us – the blending of our experience and passion – and we’re thrilled to be able to do what we love and share that with you.
- “We must be the change we wish to see in the world.” –Gandhi
- “Music is too loud for just one station, love is too large for just one nation life is too short to make just one decision and god is too big for just one religion.” ― Michael Franti
- “You may say I’m a dreamer. But I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us, and the world will live as one.” – John Lennon
- “In the end, only kindness matters.” – Jewel
Perspectives: We all inherently know what is right and good so, just do it. We all make a difference and doing good makes everything better. Random Info:
- It’s family first for me and everyone that knows me will vouch for it. I’m a Leo and loyal to the end, unless I have to eat you for lunch.
- Favorite things to do are trail run, see live music, dance with my son & hang out with my hubby.
- I have a degree in Forestry from Northern Arizona University. It was so close to the Grand Canyon, I hiked it 9 times.
- Have a masters in Education from Tennessee State University & taught special education for 6 years.
- Was one of the first women fire-fighters for the US Forest Service in Idaho. That was the early 90’s.
- It took 3 tries to get to the top of Mt Rainer. Due to severe storms, we got pulled off the first two attempts. Climbed Mt Shasta too. Oh! And I canoed the Rio Grande with a buddy and 2 dogs. That was before the internet and easy access to information that would have told me how dangerous and deadly it was.
- Frances and Zach are the best thing that happened in my life.
- I can build most anything faster and better than most people.
- Fixing equipment is not always my favorite task on the farm but someone has to it.
- I prefer things that run on gasoline over riding 4-legged animals.
- I spent 4 months in Sri Lanka while doing a study abroad.
- I spent 3 months in Kuwait while in the military.
- “Some people see more in a walk on the beach than others see in a trip around the world- -A good friend tells you when you’re being silly, a great friend joins you- -Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will”
- I am an only child and I grew up with only one rule “Be Nice.” I still had to do chores because that was being nice. HaHa
- Welding is a passion and outlet for expressing my artistic inspirations. In high school I started a small welding business.
- I love dancing, running, swimming, art, metal, and working with my hands.
- My mom taught me, it’s not the problem, it’s how you deal with it.
- “And when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” – The Alchemist
- “Je suis prete.” – The French (translates to “I am ready.”)
Perspecitves: Random Info:
- I once hog tied my best friend to win the wrestling match.
- One of my favorite places to visit in the world is a monastery in Salzburg, Austria where the beer garden is magical and the house brew is heaven.
- I paint and do abandoned photography on my spare time.
- I once had the pleasure of cooking for the Escoffier Society in Hartford, Connecticut and was awarded with a pin and certificate. The food was incredible and I have to say, the pleasure of preparing the food was only matched by the love for food all around me.
There’s only one way to say this. (The polite, Southern way. Obviously.) I can design my BE-hind off ya’ll! It’s true. Give me your boring dining halls, convention centers, your elegant (but sterile) ballrooms, music halls, warehouses and your lackluster backyards. I’ll transform every one of them into a magical space that feels exactly how you wanted but Better, even that what you imagined.Great design is two-fold. You must be able to see the grand vision of an empty space, while simultaneously zooming way in, to the tiniest detail. Then there’s the flowers. My OTHER favorite thing to do! I’ve designed cozy, intimate ceremonies and elaborate, 800-guest blowouts. I’ve styled magazine shoots, hotel openings, and coordinated more weddings than I can count, ya’ll. I have been at this for 18 years…
When I design something, it becomes intensely personal to me. From the moment, we have our first meeting to the finished product. When I take on a project, I pour every bit of my love, talent, and commitment into it and the result shows in your finished product. Am I intense? Yes. Do I settle for anything less than perfection? Nope. Would YOU settle for anything less when it comes to your wedding? Didn’t think so. Therefore, I do what I love… you become family and it is a partnership for both our team and you as a client. This is why, I ask so many questions… haWho am I when I am not designing rooms and planning events? Well here is a little about my life, when I am not planning yours ~ you will find me here… with my #furbabies, Eastwood, Noble, Max, Onyx, and Addy. My lil’ niece Beatrice and the newest addition Oscar. My Family, they are the most important part of my life. Then there is Wine. Brunch. Travel – wish list Greece in 2019. Rivers & Oceans. Gourmet Chef Tours it is true I am one of those foodie types….Here is a little about me and I look forward to hearing more about you!