“To plant things is to have faith in tomorrow.”
Our skills, experience and interests cover a wide range – but we’re all committed to growing the business of Franny’s Farm and sharing it with guests and customers. We have expertise in construction, organic gardening, cooking, processing and preserving harvest, sales and marketing as well as skills in livestock management, poultry management, start ups, budgeting, financial planning, customer service, and, well, you get the picture. We love what we do and we’ve all been doing it for quite some time. The Franny’s Farm adventure is the best of all worlds for us – the blending of our experience and passion – and we’re thrilled to be able to do what we love and share that with you.
- “We must be the change we wish to see in the world.” –Gandhi
- “Music is too loud for just one station, love is too large for just one nation life is too short to make just one decision and god is too big for just one religion.” ― Michael Franti
- “You may say I’m a dreamer. But I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us, and the world will live as one.” – John Lennon
- “In the end, only kindness matters.” – Jewel
Perspectives: We all inherently know what is right and good so, just do it. We all make a difference and doing good makes everything better. Random Info:
- It’s family first for me and everyone that knows me will vouch for it. I’m a Leo and loyal to the end, unless I have to eat you for lunch.
- Favorite things to do are trail run, see live music, dance with my son & hang out with my hubby.
- I have a degree in Forestry from Northern Arizona University. It was so close to the Grand Canyon, I hiked it 9 times.
- Have a masters in Education from Tennessee State University & taught special education for 6 years.
- Was one of the first women fire-fighters for the US Forest Service in Idaho. That was the early 90’s.
- It took 3 tries to get to the top of Mt Rainer. Due to severe storms, we got pulled off the first two attempts. Climbed Mt Shasta too. Oh! And I canoed the Rio Grande with a buddy and 2 dogs. That was before the internet and easy access to information that would have told me how dangerous and deadly it was.
- Frances and Zach are the best thing that happened in my life.
- I can build most anything faster and better than most people.
- Fixing equipment is not always my favorite task on the farm but someone has to it.
- I prefer things that run on gasoline over riding 4-legged animals.
- I spent 4 months in Sri Lanka while doing a study abroad.
- I spent 3 months in Kuwait while in the military.
- “Some people see more in a walk on the beach than others see in a trip around the world- -A good friend tells you when you’re being silly, a great friend joins you- -Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will”
- I am an only child and I grew up with only one rule “Be Nice.” I still had to do chores because that was being nice. HaHa
- Welding is a passion and outlet for expressing my artistic inspirations. In high school I started a small welding business.
- I love dancing, running, swimming, art, metal, and working with my hands.
- My mom taught me, it’s not the problem, it’s how you deal with it.
- “And when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” – The Alchemist
- “Je suis prete.” – The French (translates to “I am ready.”)
Perspecitves: Random Info:
- I once hog tied my best friend to win the wrestling match.
- One of my favorite places to visit in the world is a monastery in Salzburg, Austria where the beer garden is magical and the house brew is heaven.
- I paint and do abandoned photography on my spare time.
- I once had the pleasure of cooking for the Escoffier Society in Hartford, Connecticut and was awarded with a pin and certificate. The food was incredible and I have to say, the pleasure of preparing the food was only matched by the love for food all around me.
Michelle LaCosse has always had a love for celebrations and a special talent for organizing them. This is where the idea for Party Envy was born. She graduated from University of North Carolina at Asheville with a BA in Financial Economics and continued on to Western Carolina University earning and MBA and a certificate in Project Management. Michelle worked as an Event Manager for the Haywood Park Hotel in downtown Asheville and then moved on hold a position as Trade Show Planner and Director of Business Development for a national medical service company. Both of Michelle’s parents owned their own businesses and she shares that same entrepreneurial spirit. She opened Party Envy Event Planning & Floral Design in 2010 and specializes in weddings and private events as well as event floral and design services. Michelle and her team love bringing events together for clients so that can simply show up and celebrate without having to worry about any of the details.