These are a few of our Favorite snack recipes for Farm Camp! We use fresh ingredients grown by kids, for kids & we don’t mean the goats! From Pasta & Pies, to Hummus & Pizza, Franny’s farm campers learn the meaning of “Farm to Table”
Spring Break Special : Register for a Summer Session and get 1/2 off our Spring Break Camp Session
**Preheat oven to 350 degrees**
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Mashed Bananas
- 2 cups Flour
- 3/4 cups Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Plain Yogurt
- 6 Tablespoons Butter Melted & Cooled
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1. Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
2. Mix mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter and vanilla with a wooden spoon.
3. Lightly fold banana mixture into dry ingredients with a rubber spatula until just combined.
4. Scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure all ingredients are mixed.
5. Pour into bread pans and bake for 45-55 minutes.
**Preheat oven to 425 degrees**
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1/8 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons of butter melted and cooled
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl mix sugar and eggs until thick and homogeneous, about 45 seconds.
3. Slowly whisk in butter and oil until combined. Whisk in the buttermilk and vanilla.
4. Using rubber spatula fold in the egg mixture and blueberries into flour mixture. Do not over mix.
5. Prepare baking pans with non stick spray and spoon batter into pans. Bake 15-17 minutes.
**Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees**
- 2 cups or 12 ounces uncooked or frozen broccoli
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Grease a baking sheet with a thin layer of oil or line with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute then remove and shock with cold tap water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
3. Chop broccoli finely and mix throughly with the egg, onions, cheddar, breadcrumbs, and seasoning. Scoop mixture on to plastic wrap and roll into a long tot shaped loaf.
4. Let mixture set in refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
5. Cut loaf into tot length. Unroll from plastic. Place on baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and crispy, 18-24 minutes, turning half way.
Enjoy hot with ketchup, sriracha, ranch dressing, or your favorite dipping sauce!